Sunday, December 16, 2012

Ladies Day in NYC

Grace and I enjoyed a memorable day in New York City with the Klein girls today. We had our annual Christmas Ladies Day, and it couldn't have been better. We began our morning at Denis and Mary's with coffee and bagels, and then we piled in to Mary's truck and we headed to Midtown. We had an amazing time at George Balanchine's The Nutcracker. It was an unforgettable experience, because the Sugar Plum Fairy was played by Brittany Pollack. I used to babysit her when she was a little girl. Now, she's a phenomenal dancer, and we were so excited when she invited us backstage after the show. She gave each of the girls a pair of autographed pointe shoes, and we got some beautiful photographs with her on the set in one of her gorgeous costumes. After the show, we took a cab to St. Patrick's Cathedral, which always looks so festive at this time of year. Then, we went to American Girl. The girls were happy to look around and make additions to their Christmas lists, and Grace couldn't wait to see the Molly display! She's really hoping that Santa will bring her one this year. We had such a nice dinner at the American Girl Cafe, and we celebrated Genny's upcoming 7th birthday. Grace's entree was called "Bitty Bites," which complemented her Bitty Baby, Daniella (who also joined us today). This was such a magical day! I loved spending time with all of my loved ones. My Mom and I always enjoyed going into the City when I was a little girl, and I love making these memories with Grace and my Mom. I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful women in my life!
The Klein/Colonna girls:-) I look forward to the day that Kate can join us, too.
Grace's souvenir! She was so excited to get her very own nutcracker!
I thought it was so sweet that Brittany gave each of the girls a pair of her old pointe shoes.
It was really cool seeing the set up close. Grace was so excited to sit on the throne.
The girls and Brittany Pollack, who stared as The Sugar Plum Fairy
Center stage at Lincoln Center's David H. Koch Theater
I've always called Grace my "Sugar Plum Fairy."
This was the 1st autograph Grace ever received:-)
The Nativity at St. Patrick's Cathedral
Grace was so excited to see the MOLLY display at American Girl!
Happy 7th Birthday to my Goddaughter, Genevieve! xoxo
Grace couldn't wait to get her hands on a hot pretzel. She asked for one numerous times today!
Our annual shot:-) I'm so happy that we started this amazing tradition! I love you Mommy Pajami! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment