Thursday, May 26, 2011

Retirement Extravaganza

After 23 years of teaching 2nd grade at Our Lady of Mercy Academy, my mom has decided to retire. We had such a wonderful evening at the Woodcliff Manor celebrating my Mom. There were well over 100 people at the party, and everyone had so many wonderful things about my mom (some people actually thanked ME for sharing her with them). It's funny to think that my mom started teaching at OLMA when I entered the 5th grade there. I'll never forget all the fun we used to have decorating the classroom. Although I'm certain that my Mom is going to miss teaching 2nd grade, I'm so happy that we're going to get the chance to spend more time together, and I know that we'll certainly be able to keep her busy this September!
Dad and Mom
My "handsome" husband and I
Denis and Mary
Maylene and Wally
Ed and Suzanne
My mom and her siblings
Uncle John, Aunt Maureen, Mom, Dad, Aunt Andrea, and Uncle Walter

My Mom's bridge group:-)
Mom and some of her colleagues
My Mom, Mrs. Johnson, and my Dad admiring the scrapbook and sign-in book. The night was full of surprises!



They may not have it all together, but together they have it all:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment