Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cookies for Santa

We had such an enjoyable afternoon baking Christmas cookies for Santa with LuLu! When LuLu arrived, she brought Grace and Andrew a very special treat... their first Christmas gift of the season! They were delighted with their Russell Stover Chocolate Santas, which is the exact same present my Mum used to bring me each Christmas:-) We made some delicious butter cookies, and Grace and Andrew helped with the cookie press and decorating. I'm convinced that more M&M's made their way into Andrew's mouth than on top of the cookies! He is such a little character! Grace loved wearing her Santa Claus apron and sprinkling green and red sugar on the cookies. We listened to Christmas songs, took pictures by the tree, and received a visit from our favorite college student... Laura Lu! Grace, Andrew, and Kate greeted Laura in their matching snowman pajamas, and they had such a great time playing with her! We even had a mini celebration in honor of Laura's 20th birthday, which is tomorrow "December twenty-two." I still remember when Laura was Kate's age! The fact that she is almost in her twenties is shocking! I hope my babies don't grow up as fast as Laura did! It only goes to show how quickly time flies and the importance of enjoying each and every day! I'm loving this time in my life! I always looked forward to being a mother, and I couldn't be happier with my 3 little angels. This was such a memorable day, and Dan gave the cookies his stamp of approval! He's an incredible cookie taster (I hope we'll have some left for Christmas Eve)!

No comments:

Post a Comment