Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Land of Make Believe

Today, we had a memorable day with Aunt Dana at the Land of Make Believe in Hope, New Jersey. It was the perfect day trip complete with exciting rides, a cool pirate themed water park, and a relaxing picnic area. There were also lots of fun attractions such as Old MacDonald's Farm, an enchanted Christmas village, and a haunted Halloween house. We started the day on the Grand Carousel and went on nearly every ride in the amusement park. Then, we enjoyed a picnic lunch in the gazebo and watched a show at the theater, which was shaped like a princess castle. Afterwards, we headed to Pirate's Cove to cool off. Grace, Andrew, and Kate had fun playing in the pool and the Pirate Fort splash pad. I'm happy that Aunt Dana was able to join us! We enjoyed our quality time, and she made traveling through the park much easier. We both enjoyed taking turns with Grace and Andrew on Blackbeard's Action River! It was a lazy river with surprises around each bend! There was actually a moment today that made me feel like I was on vacation. While Dana and Grace were on the ride, I sat on a lounge chair (under a tiki) with Kate asleep in my arms and Andrew asleep on my lap. Jimmy Buffet was playing on the speakers... all I needed was a frozen drink;-) It was such a perfect day. Before heading home, we took Grace to Rudolf's Ice Cream for a special treat, and we visited Santa one last time. I'm sure we'll be making many more trips to the Land of Make Believe!
It was a beautiful, sunny day! Grace and Andrew were happy to feel the wind in their hair as they rode the Red Baron.
Thank goodness Aunt Dana was able to keep Kate in the shade while Grace and Andrew ride hopped. 
Andrew loved the "Jump Around Frog!"
Aunt Dana took Grace and Andrew on their 1st roller coaster ride today!
Kate was happy to watch her big sister and brother on all of the rides. I was so happy that she was able to ride on the carousel and train.
We did LOTS of spinning on the "Samba Balloon."
Kate thoroughly enjoyed her ride on the choo choo!
Grace and Andrew enjoyed seeing some of the animals at Old MacDonald's Farm. We love singing the Old MacDonald song!!!
We climbed the chimney and visited with Santa (more than once)!
We're hoping Kate will like Santa a little bit more in December;-)
They even had a Candy Cane Forest!
We enjoyed a relaxing picnic lunch in the gazebo, and Grace and Andrew happily watched a show from afar.
Aunt Dana and Buzz Lightyear
The wading pool and slides were a fun way to spend the afternoon!
They loved the Buccaneer Pirate Ship!
Andrew and Kate were dreaming about their next adventure, and Grace wasn't going to leave without her ice cream (a girl after my own heart). These are the types of days where memories are made! It has been such an amazing Summer. I truly enjoy all of the time I get to spend with my babies! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. thank you!!! u've given me idea where to go this weekend with my family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!!! u've given me idea where to go this weekend with my family!!

    ReplyDelete